Recipe | 5 min read
Blueberry & Quinoa Breakfast
This guide provides a detailed recipe of how to make a healthy breakfast in less than 5 mins. A great start to your day!
This blueberry and quinoa breakfast is a quick, tasty and easy recipe to make. How did I come along making this? Well I really fancied a granola, but I didn’t want to eat oats, so I decided to use Quinoa flakes. Quinoa is a protein packed grain, that is used as a replacement for rice or other grains. When I cut down my wheat intake, due to my allergies, this was the best nutritional go to; however, I use to hate it!
Although, I’m a foodie, I’m a bit funny with trying new food because of textures, for some reason if my tongue does not like the texture of something my body refuses to like it! However, because of the many nutritional benefits, and my passion in food I wanted to find a way for me to love quinoa. With lots of experimenting and creating new recipes I then found many ways to love it! Which just shows you, don’t always give up on a food, try ways that you would love the dish to incorporate it into your diet!
Now not only have I made quinoa for breakfast but also, Turmeric fried Quinoa, Quinoa stir frys and I also put quinoa flakes in my morning smoothies. Not only is it tasty, and easy, it’s incredibly healthy. Blueberries are believed to have antioxidant levels, highest in comparison to other fruit and vegetables.
This recipe is quick to make and you can make it last throughout the week, which I love. It is my quick go to breakfast when I have to leave my house early in the morning.
I hope you love the recipe, if you do please leave a comment. Take a photo of your creation and #mindfullotus
Healthy go to breakfast
Note: When I create my recipes I go by taste as I believe every item of food tastes different each time you make it, so I have a set recipe then I add or remove as I go. I also believe everyone has their own taste palate so please use my recipe as guidance to what beautiful dishes you can create.
Quinoa Flakes – https://www.britishquinoa.co.uk – available at Sainsbury’s
1 tbsp Coconut oil
Organic agave nectar. 100% natural fat free sweetner, absolutely love it with almost anything, drinks and food, adding natural sweetness. I know longer use sugar in any of my meals and this has been an amazing alternative. Can be found at your local store https://www.groovyfood.co.uk/products/light-amber-mild-agave-nectar
Spelt flour – Optional
Dairy free yoghurt
1. Combine the amount of quinoa flakes you would like to have with coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and organic agave nectar syrup, in a bowl. Tasting the mixture, to desired taste.
2. Put in the oven at Gas Mark 6 or 10 minutes.
3. While this is cooking, put frozen berries and 1 cup of water in a small pot, to boil. Add more water if necessary depending on how much frozen blueberries are being used. When blueberries start to soften, add a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of organic agave nectar. Taste the blueberry mixture make to desired taste.
4. To thicken blueberry sauce add 1 teaspoon of spelt flour at a time, some people use cornflour to thicken sauces but I prefer to use spelt flour as it personally healthier. Add flour till it is a thick enough consistency, but not too much where the sauce becomes floury.
5. In a glass or bowl, add blueberry sauce, then dairy free yoghurt till you’re satisfied with the amount. Sprinkle Quinoa flakes on top with more blueberries and drizzle organic agave nectar.
Want more customers
At everything food, our goal is to make it easier for you to be noticed online and get the customers you deserve. We provide you with the information, content and digital marketing needed to scale your restaurant.